Monday 27 August 2012

start of my Open Uni journey...

Sorry, it's been a little while since I've posted, been having a busy weekend. First of all, the anniversary party  was great and my cake went down really well. I will definitely be making more cakes for people! I have no idea what I was so worried about.

The other reason I've been really busy is open uni. Yep, I am currently studying for my degree in computing and ICT. I choose the open uni after having to take a gap year at the last minute due to illness so I never got to go off to uni as planned. I saw an advert for open uni one day and realised it was the answer to all my problems. I signed up straight away.

I will be starting my first two modules very soon; MST121 Using Mathematics and TU100 My digital life. MST121 is apparently 'an enjoyable introduction to university level maths.' Well I don't know about you but I  have never found maths to be 'enjoyable.' I'm just hoping to get this module over and done with so I can focus more on the ICT side of things.

Anyway, in July I received my first parcel from them. Loads of maths revision and two preparatory assignments, one a computer marked assignment (CMA) and the other a tutor marked assignment (TMA). They are both practise ones and don't count towards our final marks. However, as I am so bad at maths I decided to give them a go. A couple of days ago, I submitted the CMA and today I completetd the TMA all ready to send off when my tutor sends me their address.

I was pleasantly surprised. I found the TMA pretty easy going and I loved the sense of achievement I got from completing it. I felt so defeated last year when I didn't go to uni and I have a feeling so many people were disappointed with me too. But with open uni I am going to change this. I know that I can do this!

To find out more about MST121 click here.
To find out more about TU100 click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment