Saturday 25 August 2012

Cake disasters...

Ok, so the whole cake thing didn't go entirely to plan. I'll start from the start. Went out for a meal last night with R's family. I ordered this lovely looking bacon and cheese burger. Anyway, it came out and I was tucking in when I realised it was tasting a bit funny. And smelling funny. So after everyone around the table sniffed it and tasted it they decided the meat was off so we sent it back. However, I had already eaten half of it by then.They claimed it wasn't off but still gave it us off our bill. Luckily though I haven't been ill or anything but have been scared of being ill all morning.

Anyway, the cake. First off, I didn't make quite enough mixture for the tin I was using, so I put it in the oven hoping it would rise. I over cooked it. They left gaps when I tried to stick the top and bottom together. However, it didn't turn out too bad overall.

I messed up completely with the cupcakes. I misread the recipe, it said it made 6 but I stupidly put it into 12 cases. So there's like the smallest layer of cake at the bottom and a huge amount of butter icing on the top to make up for it. By this time I was exhausted, so I couldn't be bothered to pipe it on so just spooned it on instead.

Here's the few pictures that I did manage to take. The cake should also have a personalised ribbon on it around the edge but it hasn't come yet :(




I am so tired and have a busy day getting ready for the party tomorrow, so good night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment