Thursday 23 August 2012

anniversary gifts...

Right, it's my parents anniversary this weekend and they have decided to have a bit of a party. I decided that as a gift I'd make them a few things. I've settled on a cake and some cupcakes for the party.

So to gather supplies, me and R went on a little adventure to the new hobbycraft in Oxford today. I say adventure because a journey that should only take us about 20 minutes by car ended up taking us an hour, R took a few wrong turnings!

Anyway, the shop was amazing! I love being surrounded by all the crafty things. I could have easily spent a fortune. R was there to make sure I only brought what I needed though. Here is a quick picture of some of the cake supplies I got.


I also managed to pick up the following little treats for myself teehee. Aren't the ears on the mouse just too cute?! Eeeeek! R wanted to get it so that I could make it for him but I told he can make it and I will help. Hopefully, I'll have pictures of him completed to show you soon. And the game may have been from the toys r us next doors ;) 


I also picked up loads of these craft leaflets in hobbycraft with loads of fun looking projects on them. I might give some of them a try when I get some free time.

 

A couple of minutes ago I also realised that I've been so focused on the cake and stuff, I'd completely forgot to do anything about a card. So I whipped up a quick card with some of the supplies from a magazine called lets make cards that I subscribe too. Check them out here, I love this magazine. Anyway, here's the finished thing. What do you think?


The candle I also ordered for them as a present came today. It can't be lit but has a flickering light inside it so it's just like a real one. The lovely lady who made it was kind enough to get it made it record time and got her husband to drop it off to me as well!! I kinda left all my ordering a bit late you see. If you wanna know more about the stuff she makes, check out her facebook page here. She has some really lovely items.



I'm baking the cake tomorrow, wish me luck guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment